Integrations: How Can I Use the Pocket Integration
Pocket is a tool that helps you organize each saved article with a specific pocket tag, so you can create collections of different topics, without mixing everything in one jar.
You can also use our browser extension to save content to your SocialBee account.
To get started, create a Pocket account (if you don’t already have one).
Once you’ve established a connection, anything you save on Pocket under a tag that’s been connected to SocialBee gets shared on your social profiles, according to the posting schedule you set.
Connect your Pocket to SocialBee
Make sure you are logged into your Pocket account.
To learn how to connect your Pocket to SocialBee, click on the interactive screen below to see the steps, or scroll down to the written instructions.
1. Open the menu from the top-right corner of your SocialBee Dashboard.
2. Navigate to Workspace Settings.
3. On the Settings page, you will find Pocket. By clicking “Connect”, a new window will open, which prompts you to authorize SocialBee to retrieve items from your list.
4. If you're already logged into your Pocket account, click “Authorize”.
Import Posts via the Pocket Integration
Once you’ve connected Pocket to SocialBee, navigate to your Content menu and click “ Pocket”.
To create a new Pocket:
- On the left-side menu, click on "Content".
- From your Content menu, navigate to "Pocket".
- Click the “+ Add Pocket” button.
From here on, you'll be able to customize your import, according to your needs.
Define your Pocket
There are three more options that you can change in this tab: where you want your posts to be added in relation to your queue, add posts as Approved, and append text to your posts.
To select where to add posts in relation to your queue, you have 3 main options:
- Add posts to the category default (will be filled in automatically, according to your category settings)
- Add them to the top
- Add them to the bottom
- Set posts to expire.
- Shorten (or not) links.
- Trim your text for Twitter.
- Add posts with an attached image to it.
Setting the post to expire can be important if you want to make sure your content stays fresh and relevant.
Don't shorten the links is pretty self-explanatory, we think. If you don't want your category's short link settings to be applied to the Pocket posts just tick this box and links will be added normally.
Trimming your text for Twitter is checked by default and allows us to shorten the text so it is suitable for Twitter sharing. Don’t worry - we’ll trim from the title of the post, so we keep the Appended Text and URL intact.
Add an image, if possible finds the main image from the link and adds it to your post, without the link preview. The main image will be the one set as an OG:Image in your HTML or the main large image we can find.
- Pocket Post Title, which will import the title of the article as a caption;
- Pocket Post Description, which will import the description of the article as a caption;
- No text, only Link Preview, which will only generate the link preview for the article.
Preview Your Posts
The most recent 3 articles of your Pocket will be previewed in this section.
Create and Import your posts
- Create and import 1 article;
- Create and import 10 articles (selected by default);
- Create and import # articles (up to 100, if the tag has more).
Editing your Pocket
Deleting your Pocket