Content Categories: The Order of Your Posts in a Category
Shuffle, reverse or move up/ down your posts
Organizing the content you have in your Content Categories can be crucial. Here's how you can do it:
- Shuffle: This will mix your posts' order in the Category randomly for a fresh feel.
- Reverse: This flips the Category's content upside down, top → bottom and bottom → top.
- Move up/ down: This works best if you want to move your posts higher/ lower with a few positions.
There are multiple ways to publish through SocialBee. The most common way of publishing is by using the Category-based system we have in place.
Your Categories organize content in a top to bottom order, BUT can publish in either one of two ways:
- Last in, First Out (LIFO), or top to bottom;
- First in, First out (FIFO), or bottom to top.
1. Last In, First Out (LIFO)
- This is the default order of posting in your categories. This means that new posts will be added to the top of the queue. Your newest post will be the first one to get published.
- In an evergreen category, this means that every time you add new posts, the older ones are being pushed lower and lower into the posting cycle. That being said, they will publish if you don't add any new posts to your category for a while.
- This is the best way to post if your posts are evergreen, like for your blog posts, for example. This way, you have all your past blog posts lined up to post whenever needed on your Social Profiles, but your newest post will take priority over them since it's the one your audience hasn't read yet.
2. First In, First Out (FIFO)
- By contrast, the FIFO order is when the oldest of your posts from a category are published first. This means that your new posts will be added to the bottom of the queue.
- In an evergreen category, this means that your new posts will be queued up after the ones that are already added to your category.
- This is the best way to post if your posts are time-sensitive, or if you want them to publish in a particular order. News, for instance, lose their newsworthiness if they are not published that day or the next. So, you may want your existing posts to get published before others that you will add later.
How can you choose the right order in your Categories?
There are two ways in which you can choose where your posts go. These are the following:
1. When creating your post
When you create your posts using the Post Editor, you have the option to pick where to add your post.
You'll have to choose between:
- Adding your post to the TOP of the Category, or
- Addinf your posts to the BOTTOM of the Category
Choosing one or the other will add your post in that order, BUT it will not change the order of posting in the Category (so it only affects that particular post).
2. Enable “Switch item posting order in category”
If you want to change the default order in your Category, enable the "Switch item posting order in category" feature from your Workspace Settings.