Using the SocialBee Mobile App
Using the SocialBee companion mobile app will make it so much easier for you to publish to your Instagram account.
What can you do with the SocialBee App?
The SocialBee companion mobile app is necessary for sharing posts via Reminders. Each time a post is scheduled like this, you will receive a notification to your mobile and you will be able to pick up the posting process and finish sharing content from here.
Most profiles can be automated via SocialBee directly, however, some cannot! Here are the exceptions:
- Facebook Personal Profiles
- Instagram Personal Profiles
Furthermore, some profiles will not be able to share a post due to certain limitations. These include:
- Instagram Personal Profiles with Story Posts
- Instagram Business Profiles with Video Posts (over one minute)
How do I get the App?
You can download the SocialBee Mobile Reminders Companion App for both iOS and Android:
Once you install the SocialBee mobile app, you may be prompted to allow notifications and then you'll be able to start using it.
How Do I Post Using the SocialBee App?
Facebook Personal Profiles and Instagram Personal Profiles will automatically be set to post via Reminders.
To make the switch from Direct Posting to Posting via Reminders, follow these steps:
- Navigate to "Social Accounts" from your SocialBee Dashboard navigate to Social Accounts.
- Click on the "Edit" button next to the social account you wish to switch to posting via Reminders.
- Choose "Mobile reminders" and then click on "Save changes".
To finish the setup, follow these steps to select the user who will receive mobile notifications:
- Go to the "Mobile reminders settings" from the Social Accounts tab.
- Choose "Customize for each profile" if you want to select a different person for each profile that posts via Reminders. Alternatively, select "Same for all social accounts" to have a single person receive all notifications.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the person to receive the notifications and then click "Save changes".
As you can see in the screenshot above, there are several labels attached to every user in your workspace. They can be:
- Never Logged In, No Notifications 👉 This user doesn't have the mobile app installed;
- Logged In, No Notifications 👉 This user has the app, but didn't allow push notifications (common with iOS users);
- Never Logged In, Has Notifications 👉 This user logged in to the app, but no longer has it installed;
- Logged In, Has Notifications 👉 This user has the mobile app installed and notifications will be sent to their phone.
If you see any of the red labels attached to the user you selected, make sure to log into your SocialBee account from your mobile app with your SocialBee credentials.
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll see a list of your connected profiles by tapping the menu at the top left corner. You’ll be able to tap on each of them to see your posting history or to publish your next post.
Start working on and scheduling your posts to your liking on the web version of SocialBee, and when it’s time to post, you’ll get a notification on your phone. Tapping the notification will take you to the next screen, where you’ll see the post in more detail, and allow you to go through the posting flow. Here, you will see a preview of the image, video, or images you want to post, as well as the caption that you have added to this post.
By tapping “Share Post” in the Reminder details screen, you’ll copy the caption and open up a screen that will allow you to choose whether you want this to be published to your feed, your direct messages, or to your story. Once you've selected where what kind of post this is, SocialBee will open the app of the respective social platform and you will be able to finish the posting from there.
If you dismiss this notification when you receive it or simply didn't notice it at the right time, you’ll always find it later in the “To Share” menu, for that profile. These posts will be marked as "Pending" in your Next Posts menu and will not disappear until you either publish them from the companion mobile app or remove them from our website.
You’ll be able to see all of the published posts in the “Post History” tab. You’ll find it at the bottom, right corner of the app.