How Do I Customize My Post for Each Social Platform?
1. Why should I customize my posts?
If you want to keep your content fresh and personalized across your social media profiles, this features is for you.
Sometimes, also due to platform limitations, you won't be able to share the same content across all your accounts.
Frequently used customizations:
- Replace a link preview with an image for Instagram
- Add hashtags to only a few platforms
- Adjust caption length based on character limit
- Pin a post to a Pinterest board, along the title and source
- Add a CTA link for your Google Business Profile post
- Add a video title on YouTube
The main benefit of customization:
- You keep all those versions grouped under ONLY ONE post
- You no longer have 5 or more separate posts for each social media platform.
2. How to customize your post for different social platforms
Click on the interactive screen below to see the steps, or scroll down to the written instructions.
- Add a post in SocialBee using the Post Editor.
- Select the social media profiles you want to post on.
- Add your caption, media files, #s, and so on.
- Click on the “Customize for each profile” button.
- Start changing the posts across profiles.
- Save your post by clicking on “Save post”.
- Go back to the Category where you added the post and click on each social media profile of the post to see the differences between networks.
3. Customize a Post VS Post Variations
- Post customization is best when you want a post to be tailored to specific social media platforms.
- Post variations are best when you have one topic you want to present in different ways (learn more here).
In the example below, you have 3 Post Variations, each variation having content customized for 4 social media profiles. We'll share Variation #1 first, then other posts you have in your Category, then Variation #2 and #3.